Personal Trainer and Yoga Instructor Insurance Program
Liability and Abuse Insurance Providing
Protection from Lawsuits of Bodily Injury and/or Property Damage
Who Qualifies for this Program?
This program provides protection for the Policyholder against claims of bodily injury liability, property damage liability, personal and advertising injury liability and the litigation costs to defend against such claims. Coverage is provided up to $1,000,000 per occurrence. There is no deductible amount. Coverage is offered through the Sports and Recreation Providers Association Purchasing Group.
Coverage Includes Suits Arising Out Of:
- Injury or death of spectators
- Injury or death of participants
- Injury or death of volunteers
- Property damage liability
- Incidental medical malpractice
- All activities necessary to conduct training
- Ownership use or maintenance of fields or practice areas
- General negligence claims
- Cost of investigation and defense of claims, even if groundless
- Corporal punishment
- Professional liability (involves specialized education, knowledge, labor, judgement and skill that is predominately mental or intellectual)
Access or Disclosure of Confidential or Personal Information and data-Related Liability – With Limited Bodily Injury Exception, Coverage C – Medical Payments, Employment Related Practices Exclusion, Fungi or Bacteria, Exclusion of Other Acts of Terrorism Committed Outside the United States; CAP on Losses from Certified Acts of Terrorism, Exclusion of Punitive Damages Related to Terrorism, Liability Arising Out of Lead, Silica or Related Dust Exclusion, Nuclear, Biological, or Chemical Exclusion, Failure to Provide Waiver and Release Sublimit, Exclusion – Organic Pathogens. All of the above are subject to the terms and conditions of the policy.
The ownership, operation, maintenance arising out of the use of inflatable recreational devices or inflatable amusement devices of any kind.
Any use, event or display arising out of fireworks, or any other use of pyrotechnics including any firework sales.
Any use, handling, or storage of any firearms, ammunition, or explosives.
Any operations involving bungee devices (except for indoor bungee fitness), carnival rides, corn cannons, organized equine racing contests, organized equine vaulting or jumping contests, leasing of horses, jumping pillows, knocker ball, bubble soccer, Zorb ball, mechanical bucking devices including multi-ride attachments, aerial activities above 12 feet, rock climbing activities, activities involving permanent or mobile rock wall climbing structures, zip lines, pumpkin launching devices, rope challenge courses, water skiing, surfing, white water rafting or kayaking, tackle football, ATV/UTV, tracked or trackless train rides, trampolines, bike related trick or stunt activities or contests, Zippy Pets, haunted houses, haunted trails or haunted boats or barges, demolition derbies of any kind, independent security services other than a contracted public law enforcement officer.
- Certified High School / College Athletic Trainers
- Coaching of Competitive Athletics
- Instructors under the age of 18
- Instructors based outside of the U.S.
- Physical Education Teachers working within the school systems
The liability premium rates begin at:
- $1,000,000 Per Occurrence / $1,000,000 General Aggregate: $135.00 (Accredited) or $246.40 (Non-Accredited)
- $1,000,000 Per Occurrence / $2,000,000 General Aggregate: $137.01 (Accredited) or $249.11 (Non-Accredited)
- $1,000,000 Per Occurrence / $3,000,000 General Aggregate: $138.64 (Accredited) or $252.07 (Non-Accredited)
- $1,000,000 Per Occurrence / $4,000,000 General Aggregate: $139.45 (Accredited) or $253.55 (Non-Accredited)
- $1,000,000 Per Occurrence / $5,000,000 General Aggregate: $140.13 (Accredited) or $254.78 (Non-Accredited)
Note: Rates and minimum premium may be higher in certain coverage states.
Please note that a $55.00 Administrative Fee will be added to all orders. A $10.00 Credit Card Processing Fee will be added to all credit card orders. Credit Card Fee does not apply in FL. Yoga Instructors need 50 hours of instructional experience to qualify for Accredited rates.
The Optional Coverages
This Inland Marine insurance product provides coverage for your equipment and contents up to the specified limit.
Hired and Non-Owned Automobile Liability Coverage
This liability coverage provides protection for rented, borrowed and other non-owned vehicles driven on personal training business.
This option increases the aggregate limit of liability insurance from $1,000,000 to larger amounts.
$10,000 Medical Expense Benefit
This coverage will reimburse an injured spectator or guest for medical and/or funeral expenses incurred as a result of bodily injury or death, regardless of whether you are liable or not.
Abuse or Molestation
Liability coverage is provided for claims arising out of alleged abuse or molestation as well as alleged physical and non-physical abuse (verbal, mental or emotional abuse).
The general liability coverage is provided by Great American Insurance Company (Admitted) (A+ Superior XV A.M. Best)
This page has been designed to illustrate the highlights of this program but is not a contract. Some exclusions and coverages may be modified to meet individual state requirements. For specific details, please request a sample policy.